The new Trail Blazers aim to:
• Give employers control in designing the qualification pathway
• Increase the flexibility of delivery
• Simplify the funding system
• Increase the effectiveness of training
• Be linked to a specific occupational level
• Respond to employers’ needs, ensuring that qualifications are high quality, rigorous and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviour required for a specific job role
Since being announced in the November 2015 Spending Review and Autumn Statement, the Apprenticeships Levy is still unclear to most and only a quarter of businesses surveyed understand exactly what it is and how it affects them. Do you know how the Levy & Apprenticeship Reforms affect your company?
Yes, the Apprenticeship Levy is a tax, but unlike other business taxes, employers can use the Levy for their own training needs. You should be using it to your advantage - you have the power to instruct training providers on what you want in return for the money you have put in to the Levy.
These new reforms mean there will be many challenges and opportunities ahead, so it is in your best interests to ensure you get strong, quality and value for money apprenticeship delivery.
Whether you’re new to the apprenticeship reforms, a levy or non-levy paying organisation our team can work with you to:
• Help you develop an apprenticeship strategy to ensure your business maximises its return on the levy investment
• Help you understand what the apprenticeship levy means and how it will impact your business
• Help you understand the new apprenticeship standards and how your existing training could contribute
Even if you are not a levy paying company, you will soon be able to access the fund to pay for:
• Apprentices in your company
• Staff Training
• Upskilling Existing Staff
The biggest change to be introduced in the new Trailblazer Apprenticeship is the scrapping of age constraints. The levy will pay for training not only for new members of staff, but your current workers who you want to offer training opportunities to – regardless of age or experience.
So, our one bit of advice to you is to contact ARC Academy to find out exactly what the Levy means to you, your business, your staff and how you can use it to your advantage.
A R C ACADEMY UK LIMITED is a registered company in England and Wales. Company No. 07689163.