This course is intended to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to complete Safe Systems of Work plans for staff required to work on the Network Rail Controlled Infrastructure
At the end of this course the delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- Understand the process for planning Safe Systems of Work in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/019, Safety of People Working On or Near the Line
- Access and extract information from various sources and using that information in the production of Safe System of Work Plans for use by staff required to work safely on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure
- Have a basic understanding of key Rail Rule Book modules and Handbooks associated with planning and implementing Safe Systems of Work OR
- Be able to apply the knowledge and experience as a COSS or IWA to the SSOW Planning process
Three Days, including the assessment process.
Delegates MUST be in possession of: -
- Valid P.T.S. certificate endorsed with either IWA or COSS Competence must be presented to the trainer at the start of each event
- Personal Track Safety Handbook
- A Rule Book must be brought to the event by each delegate
- A valid medical certificate that complies with Railway Group Standard GO/RT 8067 including normal colour vision
Personal Protective Equipment
A high visibility vest, outdoor clothing and safety footwear is required on this event
On successful completion of this training, candidates receive a Safe Systems of Work Planner competence card.